Monday, August 25, 2008

Tulum, Quintana Roo, Mexico

Sea Turtles Are Stealth Machines. Today I woke up to find a sea turtle had dragged itself past my truck, other other parties tent, turned around, and left in the middle of the night without anyone knowing it. In fact a bunch of them had laid eggs and left. The only remnants were their tracks, disheveled sand piles, and the soldiers of Tulum guarding them. I’ll have to stay up late and try get some shots.
I finished shooting Hidden Worlds Cenotes today. I’ve been flirting with a local gal by the name of Tanya. She is quite a bit younger than Liz and very pretty too. I’ve been using her as a model for the shoot. Anyway, I also met “Buddy”. He’s the owner of Hidden World Cenotes. I expected someone very wealthy but found a very simple man in a rumpled tee shirt and jeans.

Turns out he lives in a four story homemade tree house. I saw it and offered to shoot it for free immediately. This is a “must do” for me! How often do you meet someone that lives in a plywood and plastic film construction four story tree house in the jungle. This monstrosity is an advanced version of the one you built as a kid. I’ll be back Friday to shoot it. Very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment