Sunday, September 7, 2008

San Ignacio, Belize: South Indian Restaurant

I have to write about this place. I love the South Indian Restaurant in San Ignacio, Belize. It's like the little diners that I frequent in Austin, Texas. George and his wife own South Indian Restaurant. The food is always good, the portions are generous, and the price is fantastic.

It's easy to find. It's on West Street just one street over from
Burns. Burns is the main street running through the town. Start at PACZ Tours on Burns Street. Go north one block and turn left. Go one block and turn right. You should see a small "mall" and sign for the restaurant on the left. I came here frequently on my last visit. They have most every curry imaginable and all the other dishes. I always get the chicken curry with white rice. This meal will set you back a whopping $3.50 USD. Sometimes I splurg and get an appetizer and that sets me back $5.00 USD. I usually get just regular tap water with ice. In the couple of months of eating here, I've never gotten sick or had a bad meal. I eat here a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment