Sunday, November 30, 2008

Back in Mexico...

Okay, I'm finally back in Mexico. Specifically, I'm in Tulum, Quintana Roo, Mexico. I have to admit that I miss sleeping on the beach. They've cleaned up the area I've been using in Sian Ka'an. You can pull up (with a 4x4) on to a dune where you get a great view of the sunrise and the breeze. I've been invited to stay at a couple of places (real homes) but this is still the best. 

As far as I've seen there is no air conditioning for any hotels in the beach in Tulum. It's a regulation for the area to make it more "eco-friendly". The small generators each hotel has can't handle the draw. So my little truck camper probably ranks right up there since I have electricity, movies, and a computer. Except for water....

Water is something that I cart around with me so I can't use a lot at once. The Sian Ka'an ranger station ran out of water and thus so did I. Getting a shower has been the only real hassle that I've had while traveling. 

Now that my hair is on the longer side, I use more than before. It's also been a bit chilly for my normal cold water showers that I really do enjoy. It's not too bad though. RJ said I can  camp on the property of one of his properties. I doubt I camp there but I will stop in for a shower. My place is still better.

Regards,

Ben Kim

www.esotericvision.com

No comments:

Post a Comment