Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tulum, Quintana Roo, Mexico: Mezzanine's Restaurant

I've been eating at Mezzanine for a bit now. On this returning trip and the last one going through here a few months ago. They've got a Thai restaurant there. It may seem out of place but it's not. As you sip on an ice cold drink and take in the breeze right off the ocean it tends to all make sense.

I tend to eat the Red Curry with Chicken and Bamboo. It comes with jasmine rice. I never get tired of it and I've made the rounds trying the other items.. I'm told that a few things distinguish a quality restaurant from the rest. I've found the food quality and service are always good. The one item I can remember not enjoying was the veggie spring rolls with the mango sauce. It's not that it was bad tasting just bland. Oh yes, be careful about ordering anything spiced "hot" over there.

Regards,

Benedict Kim

2 comments:

  1. I tried the "Drunken Noodles with Shrimp" today. It's pretty good but a bit sweet for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Mezzanine Restaurant in Tulum. ON our last trip we ate there several time. The Pad Thai and drunken noodles are great but not too sweet.
    They may have changed their recipe.

    ReplyDelete