Friday, July 25, 2008

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

I ate a huge juicy tender rib eye steak with fries at Nirvana yesterday afternoon. It’s just nice to sit down there in the middle of the afternoon. I went back to El Charco to finish uploading my new virtual tours. I’m running a bit late for the monthly updates (like by about a month).

Later that evening, we finally figured out why I couldn’t text message from my local cell phone. Mexico has some different dialing patterns than the United States. For example, if you call from a landline to a cell phone you have to add an extra cellular area code to the regular ten digit number. HOWEVER, if you are calling from a cell phone to a cell phone you DON’T add it. NOW, if you do (by mistake) add the extra cellular area code to the number you are dialing (cell to cell) you can call and talk with that person but CAN’T text message them.

Right now I’m sitting at the computer tweaking my crappy web pages and revising them. I’ve got at least four dozen business cards to add to my database. I’ll be heading to the local market to meet Liz and Ulysses at 2pm for carnitas tacos. Carnitas is pork for the uninitiated. Two corn tortillas (soft) with filled with fatty, salty shredded pork, topped with onions and cilantro, and smothered in spicy salsa. It’s pure bliss. I can feel my arteries hardening even now.

No comments:

Post a Comment