Monday, July 28, 2008

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

I got back to Casa Schuck today. Susan decided to tone down on the colors. The shots were oversaturated and I should have said something before. I’ll know next time. Anyway, I met another photographer named Antoine Hunt. He seems quite a bit more experienced than me but not at all in spherical panoramas. My work here is nearing an end. I learned a lot today.

I drove to el charco and told Liz that I’ve decided to stay in Alcocer tonight. I told her that I need to get up early but I really don’t need to hear Ulysses until I figure out how to handle this better…. or not. I guess that it all comes down to standards. Maybe letting a 13 year old boy decide his fate (professional basketball) is perfectly okay here in Mexico. He could find work (not professional basketball) and get a job eventually but it does seem a shame to let a kid lose out on his full potential. It’s hard to ignore that much and I really don’t want to relive my childhood. It definitely colors my view of Liz.

Liz just text messaged me that we should just be friends. Can I blame her? I’d never respect her if she chose me over her son. Well, at least she has that part right. What a pity. I really like her but I can’t ignore it. I shouldn’t intervene but she has little control or the respect of her son. Maybe she deserves it? I don’t know. I messaged back that it could only end this way and I’m sorry. Are all single mothers “nucking futs”?

No comments:

Post a Comment