Thursday, August 7, 2008

Puente Allen, Mexico

Dodging potholes, little blue crabs, and two women in my bed. Last night I headed in to the reserve as usual. But this time there was a shadow of a very chubby little man waving me down (belly jiggling) as vigorously as possible. Once he got my vehicle I saw it was Thomas! I’d met him earlier this year in Puente Allen where he runs a business taking tourists out by launche for fishing or sightseeing. Anyway, I couldn’t leave him and his friends stranded.

So…..I ended up driving about 45 kilometers over crappy dirt road dodging potholes and little blue crabs scurrying about the road. It’s about an hour drive one way. On the bright side, I can now say that I’ve had two women in my bed at once. Of course, I wasn’t in bed with them but that’s just a minor detail. Thomas and the other guy shoved themselves in one seat of my little regular cab truck while the ladies piled in the camper shell in back. I listened as Thomas and the other guy sang along with the music on the radio most of the way there. Singing along is definitely a big Mexican pastime. The ladies just slept.

I pulled up on the beach near the dock at Puente Allen and set up camp. It’s really pretty quick. A few things extra in the camper shell get thrown in the front cab. This time I had to make the bed since I just did laundry. It stormed really hard last night. It was awesome seeing lightning and thunder rolling in over the ocean horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment