Friday, August 1, 2008

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

If San Miguel de Allende is the heart of Mexico, then it has heart disease. It took me 45 minutes to find a parking place and I still walked over ½ mile to try meet Kimberly. By the time I got there she was gone. Fuck. The streets are narrow, rough, and clogged like an 800 pound fat man’s arteries. NOTHING moves through them swiftly or efficiently. The cars are like little globules of fat stuck to the sides and EVERYTHING SLOWLY squeezes by them.

Anyway enough of my ranting, after getting through Migracion for the last time to pick up my FM3, I met Patty. Next time for renewal, I’m using her for this crap. For $600 MXP, she’ll stand in line for you and deal with the entire process (plus the regular Migracion fees of course)! I’ll get her information to you if needed. I think that I’m going to summarize the process of getting an FM3 soon and put it online for all to use. I also met with my accountant, got my facturas ordered from my new printer, and set up the blog by telephone with Kimberly.

I know that I’m still missing details but tomorrow I leave for Tulum. I’m hoping that I can make it to Vocan Orizaba by tomorrow evening. I’d like to be in Tulum by Monday late afternoon. From my email correspondence with Sol Caribe it sounds like they may be waffling on the photo shoots too. I’m scheduled to shoot two locations by the same owner there. I’ll check email before I head out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment