Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's a bit fast here but gas is cheap!

I've been back in Cedar Park, Texas just north of Austin, Texas for about 10 days. It's a bit fast for me here since I've been spending most of my time south of the border.  All I've done since being back is repair and tweak stuff like my truck, electronics, camera gear, or just my body.  I'm finally getting caught up! NOW I can start getting back to photography.

With Christmas approaching, I expected to see more Christmas cheer in the general public. That's not going to happen. Everyone scurrying around like ants with tunnel vision to get their little world in order. Rush, Rush, Rush. It might as well be Labor Day or the Fourth of July. Why am I one of the few smiling?

As I drove on Mopac and I-35 today, it reminded me of a race track more than anything else. I was ripping down the highway at 85 mph and keeping up with traffic on I-35.  Perhaps it was motivated by the gas prices or just that Christmas rush rush rush. One good point though,  I saw two signs posting prices of $1.38 a gallon! Tomorrow I'm going to get out and take some pictures and drive really really fast fast fast.

Regards,

Ben

3 comments:

  1. More people smiling today. Much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought gas today at $1.39 a gallon this evening. It cost $25.51 to fill up my tank! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday I saw a sign at Sam's Club for gas at $1.24 a gallon!!!!

    ReplyDelete